Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Love Letter to Hilary Duff

Dear Hilary,

I know you don't know me very well - okay, fine, you don't know me at all. But I know you! You are the pinnacle of cool. You always look super cute and put together, but never like you're trying too hard (because we know how much people hate a celebrity who looks too perfect - see all the hate for Gwyneth Paltrow). 


You have seamlessly transitioned from teeny-bopper-idol to a fully-formed adult actress. I can't tell you how refreshing it is to see someone so genuinely happy and grounded. I was a huge fan of Lizzie McGuire back in the day - she was by far my favorite Disney character - and I want to know your secret! Can you please call Lindsay and Miley and tell them how you did it? HOW on earth did you shed the little kid image without losing yourself or turning off the parents of young girls everywhere? You've embraced motherhood and marriage so well - young girls everywhere should be looking up to you. Maybe your secret isn't a secret . . . and that's why I love you.



Your Twitter feed makes me certain we would be great friends. You have a great sense of humor about yourself and the celebrity lifestyle. And, being friends with you means I get to be friends with Haley! I have an older sister too! (look, we have something in common, we can totally bond!)

Obviously I also find you awesome because you write books! My one true love! And I recently heard you'll be making your way back in to the recording studio sometime soon. I cannot wait to see what you put out - it could be an album of lullabies a la Nick Lachey and I would buy it.

So keep doing what you're doing Hilary! And you know, call me when you get the chance.

Love,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment