Sunday, August 18, 2013

Here Goes Nothing . . .

So this is my first blog post. After graduating from college and moving thirteen hours away from home, I found myself reading blogs regularly to fill the friendship void. Now, three years later (and with several IRL friends under my belt) I want to start my own blog. It’s taken me a while to build up enough gusto and pull the trigger, but now I’m doing it!

After spent four years of college reading and analyzing books, I have grown to miss the thoughtful discussion and borderline obsessive conversation I can only remember finding with my fellow lit majors. Most of this blog will be (I hope) filled with my reviews and thoughts on books and pop culture. Please don’t take my love of pop culture as a sign of inferior intelligence or as an indication that I only read trashy romance novels. My taste in books is comparable to a lovable blue Muppets’ taste in sweets –any genre can satiate my hunger.

I also want somewhere to talk about pop-culture. I have few friends who enjoy gossiping about Kim’s latest outfit or Oscar season with as much enthusiasm as the bloggers of E! News and People. In the past few years I've developed a serious girl-crush on Mindy Kaling. Not only is Mindy multi-talented, she is unapologetic about her own love of pop-culture and properly expresses why such an obsession is not a sign of stupidity. 


Hopefully this blog will fill the void. I read a lot of different blog genres, so everyone once in a while I anticipate that my posts will veer off topic, but for the most part I think I have found  my direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment